Monday, November 14, 2011

Red Hair and Hindi-French

(Sunday afternoon)
On our way to Agra now. Amid and I met a French couple last night on the same basic tour as myself. Of course, they were smart and only booked 1 night in Agra. (sigh) Two nights in Agra is ridiculous, more than three days in Varanasi is a waste of time and why do I want to go to Kolkatta at all? Anyway, we want to hook up with them again.

I've heard of people in India with red hair but I didn't think there would be so many. And nobody has it all over there head. Some men have it only on the top, some only on the sides and very rarely all the way down to the roots. It looks dyed but why would they dye it? Also, it's mostly men.

Last night, in the presence of two men and one woman walking to and from dinner I didn't get a single cat-call. And yes sweetheart, I did use some of my French. They really stumped my buddy when he asked how long they'd been married and they said they weren't. I asked how long they had been together and they said eight years. Reno trying to explain that in France (and many parts of Europe) marriage is less and less common. I don't think Amid was able to take that in.

No comments:

Post a Comment