Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Poor Tommy

(Feb 14)

Happy Valentines Day! This morning got off to a bad start. I just stepped out of my door when i saw one of the boys dragging Chouying down the hill and saying something about Tommy. Turns out a tragedy occurred last night. Tommy was eaten by a leopard or something of the kind. So class started late as the boys who found him made fast work of informing all of us with rather graphic gestures.

I'm really proud of most of the boys today. Mamma brought picture/word flashcards so I gave three to each boy and told them to write sentences. To my surprise and delight nearly all did really well and wrote something besides 'I like sock.' Getting a few to focus presented difficulties but in the end all but one finished by the end of the class.

A new volunteer was supposed to come yesterday so I spent all morning furiously cleaning and straightening but no such person arrived. Today we called and Hom told us plans changed and the volunteer will be here on the 26th. Which means I'll either have to exercise a great deal of self discipline so i don't scatter all of my stuff over everywhere again, or furiously clean and straighten on the 25th. Which do you think is more likely?

No comments:

Post a Comment