Saturday, September 10, 2011

Last minutes in US

Oh dear. What on earth did I get myself in to here? My bag weighs a ton because of the drug store I'm taking with me. I know I forgot something, I just know it. I just have no idea what it is I've forgotten. Having Neville's "Remember-All" would be handy right about now.

The good news it it will cease to matter in about an hour when I step on the plane. You would think that moment would come when you get through security but no. When the plane starts moving down the runway, you're buckled in your seat and looking out the tiny window is one of the most serene moments I experience in my life.

I think the TSA gave me an easy time of it because of the tears streaming down my face. The number of contradictory feeling a human mind can experience at one time astounds me. Terror, excitement, anticipation, devastation...

Yesterday was a whirlwind. Trying to stuff everything in my bag went as well as you could expect. I don't know that I quite found the balance between heading to a "developing" country and remembering I won't be in the middle of the Sahara Desert. People probably use shampoo in Nepal, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment