Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Malaria, Aids, and Cows

(same night)
All in all a great day. I met the Nepali Beau, got locked out of my room by the three enormous cows in front of my door, watched an old truck make it halfway up the hill, get stuck and overheat then watch the monks carry in the supplies sopping wet. Then we had top ramen for dinner and Lucille made crepes for dessert. My favorite part of the day, however, was watching the master carry boxes back and forth from the truck in the pouring rain, wearing a red polo shirt and (no joke) yellow spongebob squarepants boxers and nothing else. God I love my life.

In other news I got three bug bites in half an hour. A fourth made a go of it before I caught and squashed him. That would be fine except I then had a huge blood streak on my ankle. So now I have Malaria and AIDS.

2 comments:

  1. Remember DEET is your friend in these situations. I’ll be mailing you another bottle of DEET 100% along with a small bag of borate salts on Monday. Bubba informs me that the big spiders are tough to kill with insecticide because of their anatomy / physiology. It appears that aside from some pretty harsh stuff your options are removing their habitat, eliminating their prey and squishing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don’t forget the rabies Nepali Beau gave you!

    ReplyDelete