Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Skirt with Good Vibes

(at 11:00 next morning - the 14th)
Well, Hom pulled me out of class to say we would leave for the monastery in 15 minutes. Unfortunately I made a split second decision to ask if I can stay for the rest of the language course. Class is going very well. He said he would be happy to have me stay, but he would check with the monks first to see if that works for them. I tried to make myself clear that if it is a problem to stay I would be happy to leave today. Hopefully he will get back to me in a few minutes. Either way will make me happy. I wouldn't think about staying if Meagan, Esther, and Leah weren't staying too. They signed up for the two week program which includes the week of language and week of trekking and a village stay. The second week doesn't really pull me. At home the language course didn't either just because the possibility of it being lame was high. Now having had two classes I feel confident.

(during class)
Lord, I'm tired. Despite sleeping well and my nap yesterday. Maybe Tim from UN is right, I sleep too much. Or maybe my jet lag finally caught up with me. If I get the nod from Hom after lunch the girls and I are heading to Thamel. My fear is that the monks will be upset that I'm postponing my arrival but Hom pointed out that they've had me wait two extra days. If I stay, I'll head up either Sunday or Monday. Please don't be mad at me, monks. Then again, maybe I'll be able to win them over with my little bit of Nepali.

Oh, I forgot about something else last night. While we went over my purchases I pulled out the skirt I bought because Zorba thought it looked great. I wasn't thrilled with it but I had a feeling it would come in handy for something. Last night, Meagan was admiring my skirts and it occurred to me to offer it to her. After some cajoling she accepted and thanked me profusely. She is wearing it today, smiles every time she looks at it and twirls with me. So my feeling was correct; I succeeded in bringing joy to someone with that skirt.

2 comments: