Sunday, September 18, 2011

Would you like tea with those scarves?

(lunch -the 16th)
I am at the Funky Buddha again waiting for the other girls. My natural instinct is to fret about them leaving without me but I think I'm fine. Before class I told the girls we had to eat quickly to get to Thamel as fast as possible so I could try my mom at 1am instead of 3am. It worked, too. Plus we got the video to work. But now I am feeling a little lonely. Then again, I am alone for the first time in a few days. I worry, also, about my writing slowing down slightly. But I spoke the truth about yesterday being explained best with pictures.

Our Nepali politics talk in class was fascinating. I really want a good book on Nepali politics and the recent history of the government, in English, which could present a challenge.

Yay! My girls are here.

(later in the evening)
Leigh, Esther and I just returned from our expedition for scarves. We stopped in a shop and bought one each, then proceeded to stay for tea and conversation. The two men who run the shop are lovely and quite willing to help us with our Nepali. My bargaining is getting better too. One pashmina scarf started at 950 rupees and ended with two scarves for 600 rupees.

No comments:

Post a Comment