Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Not so sneaky super ego

(Monday afternoon)
Lucille left after class this morning. The kids and i are sad now. Andrea is my new mate but an old hand here because she spent two weeks here before i came. She seems nice and considerate, and prefers to teach alone. I guess we'll take turns every other day? (worried look) I miss Lucille!

Is it possible that my super ego is getting worse? Either that or the inner noise level is lower so it stands out more. I am a long way away from beating it but at least I know it's there now. It's not nearly as sneaky as it thinks. More awareness, right?

(early Monday evening)
After two weeks I finally bought a pair of thongs! Because you don't wear shoes indoors here I've had to spend a lot of time taking off and putting on my shoes. For some reason, i finally remembered I needed a pair while in town and bought a pair. In an interesting way I turned these shoes into a practice of their own. Firstly, they are wonderfully hideous with blue and red flowers on white. I wouldn't dream of getting them at home. Also, because they are so wonderfully hideous I find I'm embarrassed to wear them. Therefor they serve a duel purpose. They allow me to practice letting things go because they will stay here when I leave for India and work with my super ego. I'm at a Buddhist monastery for christ sakes. Who cares what are on my feet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment