Monday, November 14, 2011

Different Fears

(Wednesday)
Welcome to Indian traffic. Oh goody.

Side note: I highly recommend "Kung Fu Panda 2" for those who want an example of what it feels like to seek 'inner peace'. Trust me.

I found momo! The tiny cafe right across the tiny alley from my hostel. I am quite proud of myself. My room is five flights up and I think the guy carrying my bag was seeing if he could get me to pass out. But I kept up with him and only breathed hard for a minute. My lungs appreciate having oxygen again but they still couldn't have handled it two months ago.

The fact that shops here sell different things than the shops in Nepal is oddly vindicating. Actual local crafts (aimed mostly at tourists true) not something mass produced and sold everywhere on the Indian sub continent.

Why am I so afraid here? I will have to sit with this feeling and ask it whether I feel afraid because of my surroundings or because I think I should feel afraid. Right now I am breathing (which rocks) even if my stomach does hurt. I've had a stomach ache for days now which indicates to me it is more emotionally based. Still holding my feelings deep inside me, I guess. But ill take a stomach ache over hives any day. (Mamma, you know what I mean.)

No comments:

Post a Comment