Monday, November 14, 2011

Successful First Day

(first day in India)
I cried at the airport when I said goodbye to Rigzin. My heart feels like it just left home for the second time.

Welcome to my first day in India. So far I've checked in with home, found an ATM that works and managed to find a restaurant. So far so good. Not sure whether I'll ever get back to my hotel but I'll cross that street when I come to it. (Walk in a straight line for a while, turn on the first street and follow it until you see your hotel on the right) Got it.

The roads look the same, the alleys look the same, the people still stare, everyone still honks, and everything is still dusty. There is just more. In Peter Pan Barrie described the Neverland's as compact: "... Not big and sprawly, you know, with tedious distances between adventures but nicely crammed." That is my impression so far. Kathmandu Valley is nicely crammed where every street holds something and nothing is more than an hour away by bus. But then again, the distances are adventures also.

(later)
If every meal I eat here is as good as my first I may never leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment