Friday, October 21, 2011

Arguments over Outfits

Oh, the man who owns one of the fabric shops in town hates me now. Last week I went in and chose the fabric for two Nepali shalwar kamis (the Nepali word is different but I can't make it stick in my head). I knew he was overcharging me a little but I was satisfied and walked away with an agreed price mostly paid in advance. When I came back they fit well and were well made. However I went to pay him the rest of our agreed price and he said I owed another 600 for the shawls. Now, that is ridiculous since the shawl is an essential part of the whole outfit and no one would ever wear a shalwar kamis without it. After going round and round in circled he took the bills in my hand and waved me away while muttering something about coming back a lot. Ha.

I love them! My book was right, they are so comfortable and surprisingly cool. It is a long tunic and baggy pants, for the record, plus the shawl worn in front with the ends fluttering in the breeze behind you. Gorgeous and practical. Now I have something to wear to India.

No comments:

Post a Comment