Friday, October 21, 2011

Bruises and French Politics

(afternoon)
I'm getting old! The boys and I played soccer from which I will have numerous bruises. Just watching is the most fun though. The one with big ears never seems to quite know where he is and when reminded, by a ball flying past his head while he is supposed to be goalie, produces a sheepish grin and wanders off. Another with a round face and slits for eyes perpetually looks at you with an evil grin. My favorite little one is forever in his personal 24 hour game. From saluting and goose-stepping his way to dinner to remaining engrosses with his 5 rupee bill while being squished by the others trying to get the soccer ball.

Ooo, earlier this week I engaged in a delightful conversation about travel and politics with a French woman I met at my hole-in-the-wall cafe. Anne Marie hates Sarkozy and the other candidates for president but especially Le Pen. We shared deux cafe and I saw she was reading Le Petit Prince! For the tenth time, she said, and she discovers something new every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment