Friday, October 21, 2011

I can breath!

(Wednesday morning)
Why am I up at 7:00 in the morning? I opened my eyes and met Jen's over her book. We'll get along just fine, I think. Her husband is John also and they travel. She's from England but lives in Canada and will join me for two weeks before heading to Tibet for another week. Yesterday I showed her around and we talked a lot. The boys won't talk to her yet but I know they'll get used to her.

I went to pooja yesterday and sat for a while to listen to my breathing. I can breath! I took my first deep breath on Sunday! Mamma told me that she was nauseated for the first whole month after we moved to Belgium. My bodies equivalent must have been to stop breathing. I couldn't, I couldn't breath. I need to talk a deep breath. No. Just breath. Absolutely not. This is ridiculous! I know, but I still won't do it. Oh for the love of everything holy. Won't. Maybe the reason I've had such strong reactions the other few times I've tried to sit is because meditation requires focusing on your breath. Since I couldn't breath this presented a problem.

Ahhh... I just inhaled deeply and then exhaled. What a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment