Friday, October 21, 2011

Yawning is underrated

(Wednesday afternoon)
Last weekend the corner of my mouth cracked and bled a little. For days I tried tiger balm, neosporin, and lip stuff to no avail. When I got on skype and relayed my predicament Mamma said to get some mouthwash while john suggested drinking more water. I failed to find mouthwash in my usual store, or baby wipes for that matter. The baby wipes seemed more important to me at the time so I walked up and down the street searching with no luck. A woman told me to look at the pharmacy back the way I had come so I retraced my footsteps. 'Pharmacies' here are open faced shops along the street.

Upon reaching the counter I asked for the baby wipes, then for the mouth wash, and finally showed her my cut lip and asked if she could help me. She produced a small yellow tube that advertised itself as good for tooth aches, denture discomfort, and mouth sores. Since it was only 85 rupees I decided to try it. Three days later my mouth is whole again. I can yawn and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment