Monday, November 7, 2011

The bad kind of flattery

(Sunday afternoon)
My taxi driver last night tried to pull some bully/sympathy shit to get 200 rupees over what I promised him. Yeah right. Today is my first day spent alone at the monastery. No new volunteer.

I leave here in 5 days and Nepal in 7. How the hell did that happen? I am lonely and need attention from someone who doesn't see me as an easy white chick with big breasts looking to 'hook up' with a local. On Friday night a man I passed on the street who followed me to my restaurant and sat down at my table across from me. Anyone who thinks or tells me that I should be flattered by the attention should try it themselves and see how flattered they are. Friday night was also the first night I remember crying myself to sleep.

Thursday night was better. I had a delightful talk with a convenience shop proprietor about politics. He describes himself as a 'communist democracy'. However, as he owns three businesses I call him a capitalist democratic communist. My lord it is impossible to refuse anything in this country. At his and his friends insistence we shared chicken, momo, and vodka sodas. This was after my dinner, you understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment