Monday, November 7, 2011

His bite is worse than his bark

Hm. Well my love, you win. Tommy bit me on the foot. I get to go have a rabies shot tomorrow. Don't be too hard on Tommy though. He really is a good dog for all that he bit Lucille and now me. He's always been very nice to me. Even last night when I walked through the gate in the pitch black my flashlight picked him out of the darkness and even as I said "Hello Tommy" he came up and rubbed his head against me. For that matter don't be too hard on me. I walked out of the kitchen to see Tommy about to stick his head in the soup pot so I grabbed it from him and took it inside. Then i filled my bowl with soup and put it down for him. Tommy was so hungry! I must have got my foot a little too close to the bowl for his comfort as I leaned over to see if he needed more. He only bit once and then let go but he did break the skin and give me some bruised teeth marks to look forward to tomorrow. Damn it my foot hurts! Luckily my gasp didn't illicit a response from inside. I limped down the stairs and nearly ran into Choying (my friend who travels with the guru). He asked me something about dinner and I continued to limp down the hill to my room. As I knew I would, as soon as I shut my door I burst into tears. On my fourth bloody wipe my friend stuck his head in and made some exclamation. He was too early, however, because while trying to answer him as to what happened I burst into fresh tears which freaked him out more. With tears dripping off of the end of my nose as I unwrapped a bandaid I told him about Tommy and he rushed up the hill for his cellphone to call the clinic and see if they were still open.

The clinic told him exactly what I knew they would; that you have 24 hours to get a rabis shot and to come in the morning. Especially since the dog didn't seem to exhibit any symptoms (and yes I heard that sigh honey, thank you very much). My foot hurts!

Oh great, and I think I'm coming down with a cold. Again. That's just perfect. So, I think I've had better weekends.

1 comment: