Saturday, December 31, 2011

May 2012 be full of adventure, good health, and chocolate...

(Dec 31)

Happy New Year to me!
To my surprise I've decided to spend tonight in Thamel. Not to partake in any of the parties but just to feel close to the festivities. Since I should be at home tonight eating Theo's chocolate and drinking champagne I'll settle for a rum and coke and a twix. (Well, more than one twix, let's be honest.)

A big guru passed away day before yesterday so today is a special pooja for him.

I washed more clothes yesterday and today discovered a New Years present from the universe. Inexplicably my favorite skirt smells like Lake Chelan! Or more specifically it smells like your bathing suit after swimming all day. I stood there for 5 minutes just sniffing. If I was Beau I would ruffle it up and curl up on it.

Christmas time is just about my favorite time of year (April and summer being my other two for reasons that may be apparent) just because I get to listen to Christmas music. To compensate myself as best I can for missing pumpkin pie, grandmas cookies, decorating a tree, and skiing I will let myself listen to Christmas music until the end of January. Otherwise I have a strict rule about starting after thanksgiving and stopping after New Year.

I hesitate to say it aloud but I'm really curious how much weight I've lost. Dare I hazard a guess at 15 or over? I really need to find a scale.

It needs to snow in the hills soon because every day we loose more and more power. Yesterday I swear we had maybe ten hours of electricity and I really doubt it was that much. As long as I remember to keep my candle store stocked I don't mind at all but I am extra diligent these days about keeping things charged.

You swelter in the sunlight and freeze in the shade. The good thing is that the sun is out every day. Every day it is sunny. Apparently that's normal too. I still have a hard time accepting the fact that we are right next to the roof of the world and we get no snow, at all. Totally sucks.

These days I'm working on learning the mantras Kay gave me and Rigzin is giving me lessons. Don't misunderstand, they are simple lessons but I love listening to the slightly different definitions that he gives instead of the ones I heard at home. Plus I like when I surprise him by knowing something like samsara.

Ooh, that's the call for pooja. Gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment