Friday, January 6, 2012

Emotional Hives

(Jan 5)

I didn't sleep at all last night. And by that I do not mean that I slept poorly. I mean literally none. To put a positive spin on it (Daddy) I did go to pooja at 5:30 am. Nor did I fall asleep this morning after pooja. Not until lunch did i properly thaw out after my freezing night. It's cold outside, it's cold inside, it's cold everywhere. Generators are for electricity not heaters. And yet it is still sunny every day and you'll start sweating if you stay in it. And promptly freeze to death the moment you step into the shade.

Oh yeah, I got a really bad case of hives two days ago. That night I started with regular white hives that I put cortisone cream on, took two benadryl and payed careful attention to my breathing. Other than some snuffling my lungs where fine so I didn't worry. In the morning they were gone so I tried to shrug it off as a freak thing. However early afternoon I began itching again only to discover angry red patches all over my body. I took my sharpie and outlined some of the patches so I could get an idea of how fast they were spreading or shrinking. Lucky I did because after half an hour it was painfully (literally) oblivious that they were spreading rapidly. I watched them get worse as we waited for the doctor. Probably ended up covering over 50% of my body.

Rigzin walked with me down to the clinic where they asked all the usual questions about food allergies, wearing different clothes, cream, etc. Or at least I think they did since he and Rigzin were doing all the talking. Rigzin and I had gone over all the possibilities already so he knew all the answers which I appreciated since I was miserable and worried. Since the answer to all of these questions was no, nothing was different the doctor concluded that my body reacted to the change in weather since it rained the night I first got the hives. He gave me calamine lotion, allegra, anti-itch soap, and some yellow pills that I have no idea about. Speaking with Rigzin after I struggled to keep the distain in my voice to a minimum. I got hives because of the rain? Really? What state am I from again? Rigzin says it's my karma which I find depressing. Upon reflection I'm inclined to go with a physical response to deep-seeded emotions. Which relates to the karma thing. If anyone doesn't know the Julian story from when I was little ask mother.

Last night and this morning I had no bumps even if I am a little itchy so I think my body is nearly finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment