Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas and New Year's Miracles

Ah, I've discovered a personal, relaxing thing that feeds my soul and my body. I've begun having my hair washed at the resort here. Oh my god it was divine. Just the physical touch let alone on top of knowing that my hair was getting ridiculously clean and shiny. I think he must have been bored because not only did he wash and dry but he took the boar-bristle brush and blew each section of my hair dry. My god my hair has never been so shiny and laid so flat. I couldn't stop touching it for two days.

However, I've now discovered a new place, quite unexpectedly. On New Years Eve I needed my hair washed and since we where in Thamel I picked a spa at random. Not only was it half the price but the lady did a superb job. She got my hair cleaner than even I could. Or rather even cleaner than my mother could get it. That blows my mind because I expected Thamel to be twice the price of my small town resort. Not a bit of it.

My Christmas miracle was fixing the iPad and I even got a New Years miracle into the bargain. Don't you love when the universe does that?

My guess at my weight loss was correct, turns out. The doctors office had a scale and after figuring out the conversion from kilos to pounds I can state proudly that I have lost a little over 15 pounds at least. Yay for me!

Last night Chouying, Nepali Teacher, and I watched Cowboys and Aliens. It's one of those movies that you end up liking just because it's so bad. It's exactly what the title says it is. Quintessential Cowboys and Indians against quintessential Evil Aliens. The plot makes no sense at all but thats part of the fun plus a great cast with Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford. In other movie news I bought Rio for the boys and it was a huge hit. I also recommend it to everyone. Fantastic all around and superb music.

No comments:

Post a Comment